The 4th International Conference on Nano Science and Nano technology (ICNSNT 2017) was successfully held from 14th – 15th December, 2017 in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The Conference was organized by The International Institute of Knowledge Management (TIIKM), Sri Lanka with the collaboration of University of Peradeniye, Sri Lanka under the theme “Emerging Nanotechnologies for Sustainable Development” with the support of Ministry of Power and Energy, Sri Lanka.
The opening remarks of 2017 were made by the Conference Convener Mr. Isanka P. Gamage (Co-Founder & Managing Director – The International Institute of Knowledge Management (TIIKM), Sri Lanka) and Conference chair Prof. K.M. Nalin de Silva (University of Colombo and SLINTEC, Sri Lanka). Dr. B.M.S Batagoda (Secretary to the Ministry of power & Energy, Sri Lanka) was the chief guest of the conference and deliver a speech in the inauguration session.
The keynote forum was consisted with three keynote speeches. The first keynote speech was delivered on “Direct Tissue Engineering Approaches for Regenerative Biology and Medicine” by Prof. Suwan Jayasinghe (Professor of Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University College London, United Kingdom)
The second keynote speech was given by Prof. Ashok Kumar Ganguli (Professor of Chemistry, IIT Delhi, Founding Director of Institute of Nano science and Technology, India). Final keynote speech on “Nano-materials in Clean Energy and Health Applications” was delivered by Prof. R.M. Gamini Rajapakse (Senior Professor in Chemistry at University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka).
Call for Papers
“ Emerging Nanotechnologies for Sustainable Development ”
You are welcome to submit your abstract to the 4th International Conference on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICNSNT-2017) which will be held from 14th -15th of December 2017 in Colombo , Sri Lanka with the Technical co-sponsorship of IEEE Sri Lanka section under the theme ” Emerging Nanotechnologies for Sustainable Development “.
ICNSNT conference is an annual conference started in 2014, which explores the implications of novel and fundamental advancements in the fields of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computational Simulations, development of new devices and technologies for applications in a wide range of industrial sectors (including information technology, medicine, manufacturing, high-performance materials, and energy and environmental technologies) where researchers and practitioners working in a wide variety of scientific areas with a common interest.
Research areas suitable for paper submission include the following fields:
- Synthesis and Characterization Techniques of Nanomaterials
- Properties of Nanoscale Materials
- Organic and Inorganic Nanocomposites
- Molecular Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- Biomaterials and Nanobiotechnology
- Nanotechnology in Structural Biology
- Nanoscale Genomics
- Nanomedicine, Nano Drug Delivery Systems and Biopharmaceuticals
- Nanomaterials in Food, Agriculture and Water Purification
- Smart Textiles and Apparels
- Nanotechnology for Energy and Environment
- Nano-optics, Nanophotonics and Nanoplasmonics
- Nanoelectronics and Nanosensors
- Graphene and Its Nanocomposites
- Value Addition to Mineral Resources
- Computational Nanoscience
- Green Nanotechnology
- Novel Applications of Nanostructured Materials
- Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer
- Education & Training
- Nanotech Initiatives in State, Regions and International Arena
- Policy & Environmental Impacts and Standards
- Commercialization, Safety and Societal Issues of Nanotechnology
ICNSNT 2017 provided a solid platform for over 50 researchers, stake holders and policy makers from across the globe representing 15 countries to share their research findings with one another and to discuss the policy implications in Nano Science and Nano Technology. The countries are Australia, Bangladesh, Egypt, Hongkong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Pakistan, Peru, Philiphines, South Afirca, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Turkey, USA
Publications [ in progress ]
All accepted abstracts will be published in the conference abstract book with ISBN. All full papers will be accepted through a double blind reviewed process and will be published electronically with ISSN in proceedings with a DOI Number (DOI prefix: 10.17501).
We will index all accepted full papers in CABI Publishers and submit the proceedings to be indexed in the Thomson Reuters, SCOPUS, Mendeley, Google scholar and CiteULike for possible Indexing.
Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanoengineering and Nanosystems (Special Issue)
Lead Guest Editor: Dr. (Ms) T.Theivasanthi
- 2016 SJR (SCImago Journal Rank) Score: 0.163
- 84/91 in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (Scopus®)
Ms. Karolina H. Markiewicz @ICNSNT 2015
Ms. Parvathy Subramanian @ ICNSNT 2015
Prof. Morinobu ENDO @ ICNSNT 2014
Prof. Gehan Amaratunga @ICNSNT 2015